The recent release of NAEP scores has policymakers reacting with quick-fix solutions. Naturally, nearly two years of learning loss due to COVID has created a score gap. Although most agree that NAEP is an unreliable gauge, if politicians are ready to make it a talking point, let’s ensure the programs that come from their aggressive funding reactions reliably help our students succeed!
On Wednesday, December 7th, Nate Casey, Chief Strategy Officer of enterprise tutoring platform Pearl, will host a teaching session to review the opportunities to leverage reliable research to inform an evidence-based approach to collecting tutor data. Focusing on High-Impact-Tutoring specifically, Nate will review the current evidence and explore how a new approach to data collection will empower industry education leaders to influence positive change in government spending.
Topics that will be covered in this webinar:
- Quick overview of NAEP results across the US
- How policymakers are responding to NAEP scores
- What does the research say about how money for learning loss should be spent?
- How can tutoring leaders influence policymakers with reliable data?
- What are the critical data categories that education leaders should collect, organize and submit to launch or maintain their program
This webinar will be most beneficial to the following groups of organizations:
This webinar takes a learning approach and is available to a broader audience. The session will be shorter than the past session (a 20-minute presentation with 10 minutes open for Q&A from the live audience)
- SEA and LEA officials organizing tutoring or on-demand academic support programs
- School district administrators
- Teachers of all subjects areas
- Researchers in education
- Leaders involved in education philanthropy
- Tutor programming coordinators (for-profit and non-profit)
- Title: Redirecting Concern Over NAEP Scores Toward a Renaissance in Tutoring
- Date: Monday, December 7th
- Start time: 12pm Eastern Time
- Duration: 30 minutes (including 10 minutes of Q&A time)
- Platform: Zoom (Zoom link will be provided after registering below)
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org